St Clement Danes Parish

VCH Volume: 
Middlesex XIV
Parish church of St Clement Danes

St Clement Danes is one of the four ancient Westminster parishes, and was first recorded in the 1190s.The medieval parish lay partly in the vill of Westminster, and partly in the soke of Leicester. The surviving minutes of the parish's vestry are being used by Mark Latham, the VCH Middlesex research officer, to construct a history of Local Government in the parish from 1660-1901.
A volunteer, Jonathan Comber, has researched and written draft accounts of charities which benefitted the parish; please see the Westminster Charities page.
An account of the parish church (its origins, religious life and buildings) is included in VCH Middlesex XIII: Landownership and Religious History. It is reproduced here.