- Writing for the VCH
- VCH Explore
Welcome to the Victoria County History of Oxfordshire - where a small research team is working to complete the VCH's coverage of the county
On this website you can:
- read drafts of work in progress
- find out about current and future projects
- access published volumes
- discover how to support us
- access a glossary of technical terms
- read our current and past Newsletters
- Eighteen Oxfordshire volumes have been published out of 23 planned - the most recent (on Ewelme Hundred) in July 2016, and others in 2011 and 2012. Wychwood will be completed during 2018, and The South Chilterns soon after.
- Two thirds of the ancient county are covered - comprising over 150 parishes and 10 market towns, including the City and University of Oxford.
- Work continues on those parts of Oxfordshire not yet written, supported by the VCH Oxfordshire Trust and other partners.
- The Vale of White Horse (part of Oxfordshire since 1974) is covered by the Berkshire series (published 1906-27). There are currently no plans to revise these volumes, which would unfortunately require considerable additional funding.
- Additional publications include full-colour paperbacks on Burford and Henley-on-Thames
- Where can I find VCH books?
- Has my parish been covered?
- How do I contact you?
- What is the Victoria County History?
L. F. Salzman
H. E. Salter and Mary D. Lobel
Mary D. Lobel
Mary D. Lobel
Upcoming VCH talks and public events 2017
The second completed parish for VCH Oxon's projected South Chiltern volume
The latest work-in-progress from VCH Oxon.
Get 25% off the new Oxon volume (Ewelme Hundred) or off the Henley-on-Thames...
VCH Oxfordshire XVIII (Benson, Ewelme, and the Chilterns: Ewelme Hundred)