- Writing for the VCH
- VCH Explore
Welcome to the Victoria County History of Oxfordshire - where a small research team is working to complete the VCH's coverage of the county
On this website you can:
- read drafts of work in progress
- find out about current and future projects
- access published volumes
- discover how to support us
- access a glossary of technical terms
- read our current and past Newsletters
- Eighteen Oxfordshire volumes have been published out of 23 planned - the most recent (on Ewelme Hundred) in July 2016, and others in 2011 and 2012. Wychwood will be completed during 2018, and The South Chilterns soon after.
- Two thirds of the ancient county are covered - comprising over 150 parishes and 10 market towns, including the City and University of Oxford.
- Work continues on those parts of Oxfordshire not yet written, supported by the VCH Oxfordshire Trust and other partners.
- The Vale of White Horse (part of Oxfordshire since 1974) is covered by the Berkshire series (published 1906-27). There are currently no plans to revise these volumes, which would unfortunately require considerable additional funding.
- Additional publications include full-colour paperbacks on Burford and Henley-on-Thames
- Where can I find VCH books?
- Has my parish been covered?
- How do I contact you?
- What is the Victoria County History?
L. F. Salzman
H. E. Salter and Mary D. Lobel
Mary D. Lobel
Mary D. Lobel
Upcoming VCH talks and public events 2016-17
The second completed parish for VCH Oxon's projected South Chiltern volume
The latest work-in-progress from VCH Oxon.
Get 25% off the new Oxon volume (Ewelme Hundred) or off the Henley-on-Thames...
VCH Oxfordshire XVIII (Benson, Ewelme, and the Chilterns: Ewelme Hundred)