Castle Donington is a small market town in north-west Leicestershire.
Lutterworth is a small market town in south Leicestershire, bounded on the west by the Roman Watling Street, which is also the boundary between Lei
Bagworth is a mining village in west Leicestershire, around 8 miles north-west of the city centre.
Newbold Verdon is 10 miles south-west of Leicester, and 3 miles east of Market Bosworth.
Stoney Stanton is 10 miles south-west of Leicester and 6 miles east of Hinckley.
Kilby is about 8 miles south-east of Leicester, and on the Grand Union Canal.
Countesthorpe is about five miles south of Leicester, and was originally a chapelry of Blaby. It became a civil parish in 1866.
Hugglescote is a village on the edge of the coalfield area of north-west Leicestershire, 12 miles north-west of Leicester.
Whetstone lies five miles south of Leicester. From the 16th century, the manor was held by Trinity College, Cambridge.
Oadby stands three miles south-east of Leicester, and was on the turnpike road to London.