The façade is almost entirely of the 1920s (below), but the structure contains remains of another late 15th-century building, whose jetty survives
In 1571 the Burford merchant Simon Wisdom granted a small cottage here to trustees for Burford Grammar school, rebuilding it as 3 cottages in 1576.
An earlier house here is documented from 1435.
This remarkable run of late medieval buildings continues with No.
A timber-framed building of c.1500 lies behind this tall frontage.
The rendered façade of this tall narrow building hides a medieval timber-framed house, owned in 1489 by John Bishop.
No. 125 includes another late-medieval building, encased in stone in the 18th century or earlier.
Behind the Georgian façade is one of the most important medieval houses in Burford.
This impressive late medieval house may have been owned in 1552 by the clothier Edmund Silvester: his descendants certainly owned it in the early 1
Burford parish church, its elegant 15th-century spire visible for miles around, is the town’s earliest and largest communal building. In both size