The basic plan suggests that these three cottages began as a medieval hall-house, remodelled with fireplaces and first floor in the mid 17th centur
Until the 19th century this was a single house (as it still looks externally).
Though substantially rebuilt, these two small cottages and two adjoining houses originated probably as two neighbouring medieval houses. Nos.
In the late 17th and 18th centuries this may have been the Quart Pot inn, and by 1830 it was the New Inn.
From the late 18th century to c.1918 this was the Rose and Crown inn.
Both houses contain medieval cores behind later façades, which were further remodelled in the 20th century. The roof structure of No.
These three separate houses may have begun as a single large medieval hall-house, the hall (with cellar) on the site of No.
The police station and court house were built in 1869, on a site bought by the Oxfordshire Clerk of the Peace the previous year.
This late medieval stone and (probably) timber-framed house has been much altered, but its medieval plan can still be discerned.
This 3-gabled house looks quintessentially 17th-century and retains some genuine features, such as the drip-moulds over the windows.