The whole of the parish of Steventon including five cottages near Deane, the Warren Farm and cottages, cottages on the railway embankment and Steventon village. In 1871 John Digweed, tenant of Manor Farm, completely dominated the economy of the village. He farmed 1380 acres and employed 38 (29 men and nine boys). In total there were 51 farm workers in the parish, made up of 42 agricultural labourers and carters, six shepherds and two bailiffs. The Ordnance Survey records show that in 1872 out of the 2155 acres in the parish, 1648 a. were arable, 130 a. were pasture and 252 a. were woods. The population rose to 199 in 1871.