Bachelors in North Waltham
The first phase of Bachelors in North Waltham has been dendrochronologically dated to 1499, and there were subsequent, 16th-century alterations.
This was a three-bay hall house, with evidence, at the service end, of what may have been a smoke bay, possibly used for cooking. The single-bay hall has an internal jetty at the high end. Peg holes in the external framing suggest that the cross-passage was situated within the service bay. The roof has the queen-strut, clasped purlin trusses and is half-hipped at the parlour end.
Structural detail from Edward Robert's Hampshire Houses 1250-1700, p. 237