The former Stuckey's Bank
This building of 1902 is without rival in the area as a palace of Edwardian banking. Purpose-built, with accommodation for the bank manager above the banking hall, it was designed by George Oatley of Bristol. Its first-floor columns, curved corner windows and lions’ head keystones reflect the confidence with which banks like Stuckey's viewed themselves at the beginning of the 20th century. Over a century later it still fulfils its purpose.