Stogursey Castle gatehouse
Little survives of the medieval twin-towered gatehouse, possibly built in the 14th century to replace a single-towered entrance. By 1614 a small house had been built into the ruins. The castle walls are angled and the 13th-century castle may have been polygonal.
The house appears to have functioned as a small farmhouse. A romantic view painted in 1845 shows high creeper-covered castle walls and the house looking not dissimilar to today's view. The house was completely renovated c.1878 by the Aclands and again in the 1980s for use as a holiday home.