Tiling, Fore Street, Castle Cary
Woodcock Street is reflected in the window of the late 19th-century shopfront formerly of White's, ironmongers of Castle Cary.
The beautiful tiling carries the name of C Thomas, builders of Castle Cary.
Charles Thomas and Sons Ltd., builders and wheelwrights, begun by Charles Thomas (d. 1909) a former railway worker, later expanded to included plumbers and sanitary engineers, decorators, and undertakers and employed 60 men in 1946. The main business was sold in 1966 but the firm continued undertaking until 1977 or later.