Bristol Slavery Trail
Captain Woodes Rogers (1679-1732) is remembered in a plaque on 33-35 Queen Square, he was Captain of a voyage around the world from 1708 to 1711, w
In 1792 the first overseas Consulate for the United States of America was established in this house.
This building was designed especially as a Custom House, and the original opened in 1711.
Merchants' Hall was the eighteenth-century headquarters of the Society of the Merchant Venturers of the City of Bristol.
In 1696 the Bristol Society of Merchant Venturers built their almshouses here for sick and elderly sailors, and the building still survives.
Built in the seventeenth century, this is one of the few remaining streets in Bristol with a number of buildings which owe their existence to the w