Bristol Slavery Trail
This pub is another link to the thriving Bristol sugar industry, although the refinery itself burnt down in 1859.
This Concert Hall, owned by the City Council, was erected in 1867 and named in honour of local merchant Edward Colston.
This Church was the home church of Josiah Tucker when he was a Curate and Rector. He later became Dean of Gloucester.
This public house carries a carving of the sculptor's view of what a Native American would look like.
Bristol Cathedral was founded as St Augustine's Abbey in 1140 by Robert Fitzharding, a wealthy local landowner and royal official.
Hannah More (1745-1833), a Bristol Quaker, established a school for young ladies on this site.
More links to trades are found on Park Street and Great George Street, both expensive addresses today and in the past.