With some 15,000 names the Strood and Frindsbury 1901 censuses are too unwieldy for this project in a single table.
Aylesford is one of the largest parishes in the group and incorporates differing areas.
Burham was transformed following the building of Thomas Cubitt's brick and cement works in 1852-5, later the Burham Brick, Lime & Cement Co.
The growth in the population is due to the presence of the Lime and Cement Works in the parish which William Peters established in the 1850s and 18
The Hook family came to Snodland in 1854 as the new owners of the paper mill.
Halling High Street looking north c.1910. Although the shops on the left have gone, the buildings remain.
Hilton, Anderson and Company set up a new lime works at Halling in 1873 and their cement works there called Halling Manor dates from 1878.
Halling railway station was opened on 1 March 1890, much later than the adjacent stations at Cuxton and Snodland. This view is pre-1914.
This view towards the east from Church Street shows the Victorian church of St Mary's, designed by E. W. Stephens of Maidstone and built by J. G.
Burham, Scarborough Terrace (visible on the skyline), looking north. The chalk pit has already fallen into disuse.