Most buildings on Hart Street have brick frontages dating from the 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries.
First recorded as Le Herte in 1428-9, the White Hart was Henley's oldest functioning inn until its closure in 1996.
Photo: Henley British School staff and pupils 1895 (Oxfordshire County Council Photographic Archive)
Hart Street is one of Henley's four main streets, leading from the Market Place and central crossroads to St Mary's parish church and the bridge ov
The Chantry House is a high-status, late medieval timber-framed building on the east side of Henley churchyard, north of the the church.
Henley from the Wargrave Road (detail) by Jan Siberechts: from an original painting in the River & Rowing Museum, Henley-on-Thames
This site will soon contain all Burford wills and inventories for 1500-1699.
When complete this website will contain transcripts of all the wills and inventories for Burford for the period 1500 to 1700.
The buildings along Burford's main streets reflect the town's varied social character, which included gentry and professionals as well as shopkeepe