The ashlar façade is of 1696 (datestone), but masks an earlier building: note the position of the doorway and side passage, squeezed into a corner.
A house here may have been occupied in 1652 by Leonard Mills, carrier (taxed in 1662 on 5 hearths), and owned in 1685 by Robert Aston (of the
The ashlar façade of No.
Like the Bay Tree Hotel two centuries later, the 18th-century Lamb Inn comprises an accumulation of several properties.
This site will soon contain all Burford wills and inventories for 1500-1699 . There will be a glossary to help with obscure words.