In the 17th and early 18th centuries Minehead's extensive overseas trade embraced the West Indies and the names of Barbados and Jamaica were associ
Number 52 North Street, Taunton has been a grocery store for at least 180 years.
Bishops Hull acquired several new residents from the mid 18th century who had formerly lived in the West Indies.
A remarkable correspondence had begun by 1915 between parishioners and the vicar of Taunton St Mary Magdalene and other church officers.
What was the chapel of St Mary the Virgin in the cemetery of Norton Fitzwarren? Was it a lost chapel or the parish church?
For a small parish Norton Fitzwarren had several public houses, partly owing to the fact that two main roads crossed the parish.
This former farmhouse and later factory office was one of the oldest domestic buildings in Norton Fitwarren but was demolished.
Norton Fitwarren had a succession of school premises but the 1872 National School was in use for over a century.
Norton Fitzwarren was an important military site in the Second World War which left a lasting legacy to the parish.