Cheltenham has a rich series of manor records, starting in the 1300s.
A study of lordship as reflected in the church at Clifton Campville
Although not recorded until 1204 Stogursey Castle was presumably built before 1166 when William de Curci III, lord of Stogursey held a barony of 27
The Old Manor House, on the High Street in Codford St Peter, is typical of stone-built West Wiltshire farmhouses of the late 16th and early 17th ce
Codford Circle, with its bank and ditch, viewed from the air looking south, with Punch Bowl Bottom to the right.
As so often in Burford, the house's 18th-century façade conceals an earlier building.
Until 1968–9 this was stabling for The Great House.
From 1587 to 1628 the site belonged to William Hewes alias Calcott, and in 1607 seems to have had only a barn.
The old settlement of Silksworth - rather than the mining village of New Silksworth, established in the late 19th century - existed in early mediev
From 1500 until 1840, almost all the power to grind corn in the district was provided by wind.