For 30 years a Pleasant Sunday Afternoon (hereafter P.S.A.) Society, also known as the Men’s Own Brotherhood, was attached to London Street Congreg
William Willson was, in the words of Lloyd’s Evening Post for February 15, 1804, 'an Innkeeper at Basingstoke [who] eloped with a girl of
In 1968 Hampshire County Council took possession of the Tasker Collection of traction engines relating to the Waterloo Ironworks in Andover which c
The Basingstoke Triumphal Gateway
The Anvil concert hall has firmly established itself as one of the South’s leading venues with acoustics which are among the finest in the country.
Volunteers supporting the editorial work on Maisemore for
This building at the top of Sarum Hill, Basingstoke, was erected in July 1883 by Colonel John May of May’s Brewery as a Drill Hall for K Company, 1
Ashwick Theatre, also known as the Green Room or Music Room, was built by Yorkshire businessman Frank Green (d.
The present-day Phyllis Court is a stuccoed, Italianate mansion house on Henley's northern edge, built in the early 1840s.