The wooden lychgate at the entrance to the church yard from the street was erected in 1919 as a memorial to the 13 men of the parish who lost their
The war memorial for Bishops Hull stands in a prominent position in the centre of the village.
The 233 names on the town memorial represent only a small proportion of Basingstoke men who died serving in the First World War.
The small parish of Timberscombe in the Avill valley south of Dunster, far away from the theatres of war, showed extraordinary patriotism following
The George Inn, first recorded in 1541, had become the stopping place for the Rocket stagecoach before 1800, and was described in 1787 as a stone a
The military cemetery in Codford St Mary, the second largest of its kind in the UK, lies in a peaceful spot by the parish church and contains the g
The cap badge on the slope above Foxhole Bottom, made by Australian troops, 1916-17, incorporating glass beer bottle bases. Polishing the bottles
Ledbury War Memorial commemorates the dead of two World Wars. The memorial was constructed in two stages at the end of each war.
The table shows people of African descent who lived in Bristol. Scipio Africanus (1720) was one of them.
Raja Rammohan Roy was born of a distinguished Brahmin family in Bengal.