From its opening in February 1905 until its transfer to the Methodists in 1928, the Working Men’s Mission Hall in George Street, Basingstoke, serve
Norton Fitwarren had a succession of school premises but the 1872 National School was in use for over a century.
The former site of the sheep fair on high ground in the south of the town was given by the Corporation in 1885 for the Board Schools to accommodate
Richard Elsworthy or Ellsworth of Bickham in Timberscombe left £200 in 1714 to build a charity school and library.
Bagworth is a mining village in west Leicestershire, around 8 miles north-west of the city centre.
Newbold Verdon is 10 miles south-west of Leicester, and 3 miles east of Market Bosworth.
Stoney Stanton is 10 miles south-west of Leicester and 6 miles east of Hinckley.
Kilby is about 8 miles south-east of Leicester, and on the Grand Union Canal.
Countesthorpe is about five miles south of Leicester, and was originally a chapelry of Blaby. It became a civil parish in 1866.
Hugglescote is a village on the edge of the coalfield area of north-west Leicestershire, 12 miles north-west of Leicester.