This Roman Highworth ceramic pot was discovered in the village of Highworth in June 2008.
The Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre is located in Chippenham. It holds a vast amount of material on the history of Wiltshire and Swindon.
This is one of the three Launceston parishes our volunteers are currently working in.
Among its most famous proponents was William Morris (1834-96), who, with others in his circle, produced hand-crafted wallpapers, textiles, furnitur
Its primary function was as a market house - the name 'Tolsey', found particularly in the Cotswolds and Wiltshire, suggests a place where market to
Fulling shrank the cloth considerably - in the early 16th century it was accepted that a 32-yard cloth would shrink to 25 yards - so as it dried, t
Burford's earliest surviving inn building is the front part of the New Inn at 124 High Street (built c.1401).
Medieval houses usually followed a common arrangement whose traces can sometimes be detected in what appear to be much later buildings.
Sheep were washed and shorn in June and the wool sorted for sale.
It is more likely to have been written by a Flemish worker employed to plaster or panel the room, who may not have intended the texts to be seen.