Discovered built into the wall above the chancel arch of St Peter’s church in 1864, this Anglo-Saxon sculpture now stands against the north chancel
Parham House has been depicted many times in paintings, prints, sketches, maps and photographs, as well as in architectural drawings. By using the
There is no firm evidence of Roman settlement in Sunderland, with the main sites of occupation in the region being the Roman forts at Newcastle, So
The proximity of the river Wear, the mouth of which provided the only substantial harbour between Hartlepool and South Shields, was crucial to the
Bolsover lies on a plateau of magnesian limestone, which creates a soil that is lighter and easier to cultivate than the heavy clay of the coal mea
In the area later occupied by Paul and its neighbouring parishes, prehistoric settlement was concentrated in the upland areas away from the coast.
One of the last acts of the Paul Urban District Council was to put up street nameplates in Newlyn (though not Mousehole) as a belated response to r
Joanna Mattingly was pleased to find this resource. The piece of the Mayoress's girdle was apparently kept as proof of Mousehole’s former status.
Dupath Well, situated 1.5 kilometres east-south-east of Callington, is housed in a granite ashlar building and incorporates architectural features
Madron well chapel named after the saint of the nearby parish church, it was visited in the 16th and 17th centuries by people in search of healing.