When Codford St Mary's rectory house was built in the 17th century, it was a modest house, unlikely to have been the residence of gentry rector Joh
The rectory house of Codford St Peter. Its classical front conceals a 17th-century house, with a central chimney and lobby-entry plan.
Discovered built into the wall above the chancel arch of St Peter’s church in 1864, this Anglo-Saxon sculpture now stands against the north chancel
St Peter's church, which stood at the entrance to the medieval village from the west on the north side of the High Street, was made more impressive
There must have been a church at Codford St Mary long before the first written reference to it in 1282.
The Chantry House is a high-status, late medieval timber-framed building on the east side of Henley churchyard, north of the the church.
The buildings along Burford's main streets reflect the town's varied social character, which included gentry and professionals as well as shopkeepe
The Great or Warwick Almshouses, founded 1455-6. (Photo by Mike Hesketh-Roberts, English Heritage)
Burford saw an early Baptist presence.
The large gable facing the street at No.