This street was popular with people from the slave trade.
The first open meeting in Bristol on the abolition of the slave trade occurred in 1788, in the medieval Guild Hall (now demolished), Broad Street.
Corn Street was the street where many merchants did business during the 1700s.
Built in the seventeenth century, this is one of the few remaining streets in Bristol with a number of buildings which owe their existence to the w
Off to the side of Queen Square is Marsh Street, a rather less well to do address.
The Christian religious group called the Quakers (The Religious Society of Friends) used this small plot of land as their burial ground for a numbe
This street is named after the gold coin called a guinea, which took its name from the West African gold coast.
These eighteenth century houses were owned by wealthy merchants and others during the eighteenth century.
A modern housing development is now built on the site of Sydenham Teast's shipyards.
This street was once a very busy location, with merchants and traders living here as well as warehouses alongside the quay at the backs of the hous