Ashton Gifford House
Codford had no country seat until the early 19th century when Ashton Gifford House, set in a small ornamental park, took that role. Its peculiar plan and ungainly neoclassical appearance seem to have been the result of the incomplete house passing from owner to owner over quite a short period.
William Hubbard built Ashton Gifford House and retained the estate until 1836.
Ashton Gifford House was used as a private school for 50 years between about 1940 and 1990. Greenways, a private preparatory boarding school for boys, rented the house and then purchased it in 1946.