The 1855 main entrance
The workhouse of the Dulverton poor-law union was built in 1855 in an attractive setting beside the river Barle. It opened on 25 March 1856. The building is now the headquarters of the Exmoor National Park Authority.
Find out more about the poor and life in the 19th century in 19th-century Exmoor and about workhouses in South Molton workhouse