The present school was built in 1873 and has been sympathetically extended. A school house was provided for the teacher. The parish was previously served by a Sunday school and three small day schools. In 1902 there were 74 children on the register in three classes and attendance was good. Since 1970 it has been a first school and now caters for about 50 children.
Content generated during research for the paperback book 'Exmoor: The making of an English Upland' (ISBN 13 : 978-1-86077-597-0 ) for the England's Past for Everyone series