Foxton Locks, Leicestershire
Foxton Locks are ten canal locks, buit in 1814 and consisting of two "staircases" each of five locks, located on the Leicester line of the Grand Union Canal about 5 km west of Market Harborough and named after the nearby village of Foxton. Alongside the locks are the remains of the Foxton Inclined plane, which was built in 1900 to lift wider canal boats to the top of flights of locks. It was not a commercial success and was dismantled in 1926.
The locks are a Grade II listed structure and in 2008 became part of the European Route of Industrial Heritage. The inclined plane boat lift has been recognised as a Scheduled Ancient Monument and a full restoration is planned.