Gwavas Quay, Street an Nowen
By the 18th century, there was a quay or wharf at Street an Nowan, a fishing community which had sprang up since the early 17th century. The tithe fish cellars were built here. The wharf was rebuilt at a cost of £80 or more in 1772-3. In 1796 Mary Jaco, a window of Newlyn, built ' a buttress or fence against the sea' next to and below her house at the Fradgan.
Gwavas Quay became rather well know in 1799-1800 when three people died after falling off it.