23 High St, Ledbury, is a three storey, timber-framed, stuccoed building with an unusual projecting centre bay two storeys high with a gable. There is some interesting metal work under the windows. On the 1941 Tilley's Directory of Ledbury businesses this building is named as William Oakes & Son - tailors. It now houses a restaurant. It was built in the C17th with C19th additions.
RCHM Herefordshire vol II East 1932 pg 110
Content generated during research for two paperback books 'Ledbury: A Market Town and its Tudor Heritage' (ISBN 13 : 978-1-86077-598-7) and 'Ledbury: People and Parish before the Reformation' (ISBN 13 : 978-1-86077-614-4) for the England's Past for Everyone series