High Street, no. 27
Sited immediately alongside the chapel of St Katherine's, this three-storey timber-framed building is occupied by an optician's business. in the 1940s it was occupied by Herbert Thacker, a tailor. The building's framing is not typical of Ledbury buildings in that it does not have close studding, but otherwise its features are similar to other buildings in the town. The middle of the second floor bressummer has a carved date of 1675.
NGR SO 7109 3764
Content generated during research for two paperback books 'Ledbury: A Market Town and its Tudor Heritage' (ISBN 13 : 978-1-86077-598-7) and 'Ledbury: People and Parish before the Reformation' (ISBN 13 : 978-1-86077-614-4) for the England's Past for Everyone series