High Street, no. 9
When it was recorded in 1930 by the RCHM, the now exposed timber framing on the front of 9 High Street was hidden behind stucco, probably applied when the windows were inserted, possibly in the 19th century. This is either a late 16th century or more likely an early 17th century building, with two bays and three storeys, with two attic gables on the west front. The first floor is underbuilt with a modern shop front. The RCHM also reported the existence of "late 16th century panelling like that in Lord Biddulph's house" [RCHM notes. 1930].
NGR SO 7112 3766
Content generated during research for two paperback books 'Ledbury: A Market Town and its Tudor Heritage' (ISBN 13 : 978-1-86077-598-7) and 'Ledbury: People and Parish before the Reformation' (ISBN 13 : 978-1-86077-614-4) for the England's Past for Everyone series