High Street (west): No. 152 (former New Inn)
In the late 17th and 18th centuries this may have been the Quart Pot inn, and by 1830 it was the New Inn. Medieval roof timbers (possibly re-used) survive in a rear wing, but the front range seems to have been built in the 17th century, and the façade with central doorway is early 19th-century. The 'horns' on the window sashes show they have been renewed, probably in the 20th century. After the Second World War the inn was renamed the Rampant Cat, after the town's (and its founder Robert FitzHamon's) heraldic symbols. In the later 20th century it became the Dragon Inn Chinese restaurant.
See: Listed Buildings Description; R Moody, Inns of Burford (2007 edn) 69–70