The Hill (west): No. 196
The apparently symmetrical front conceals a 17th-century house, with a stair turret leading to the upper rooms. Mid 18th-century changes included the doorframe and front window openings, and the shadow of an earlier building line in the south gable suggests that the roof was raised around the same time. The casements are 19th-century. In 1910 it was owned by Thomas W. Porter (who lived next door at No. 194), and leased. No earlier history is known.
See: Listed Building Description