The history of St Mary’s Church, Eastrop
The story of Eastrop Church is about how one of the smallest churches in the diocese grew to be one of the biggest. The church was enlarged in four stages: in 1835, in 1886, in 1912, and in 1996. It is possible that the change in 1835 was made because of the poor condition of the church. That was certainly the case in 1886. The changes in 1912 and 1996 were made because the existing buildings were too small to accommodate the number of worshippers.