Homend, no. 10
Now a modern shop, the previous building on this site was an early 17th century timber framed house with jettied first and second floors and remodelled in the late 18th century. It was demolished after 1930. Part of the lost building can be seen on a photograph of the other demolished building on the street, no. 2 Homend.
It was for many years in the late 19th and early 20th centuries the newsagents and fancy goods shop run by Lewis Jones and then by his daughter Edith.
Content generated during research for two paperback books 'Ledbury: A Market Town and its Tudor Heritage' (ISBN 13 : 978-1-86077-598-7) and 'Ledbury: People and Parish before the Reformation' (ISBN 13 : 978-1-86077-614-4) for the England's Past for Everyone series