Liscombe is in Dulverton; there are other Liscombes, see East Liscombe in East Anstey for example. It was recorded in the mid 13th century. In the 16th century it was a farm of over 120 a., half unimproved pasture. Shortly thereafter it absorbed the neighbouring farm of Lower Spire and by the 19th century covered c. 270 a.It formed part of the Acland estate like Highercombe [qv] During the 1850s more land was added to the farm and under Webber Harding it was c. 400 a. A new farmhouse was built in 1887. The owner of Liscombe farm, following the Acland tradition, established rights on the commons north of the farm and extending into Winsford parish. He was allowed to graze 25 cows or heifers all year round, 200 ewes in July, August, and September, and 120 ewe hogs between the beginning of April and the end of August.
 PRO, CP 25/1/202/42/20 Hen.VII/Mich. SRO, tithe award.  Ibid. D/R/dul 2/1/1.  Som. C. C. commons register no. CL 175.