Minster Church of Merteriana
A Benedictine Priory was founded at "Minster (Talcarne)" before 1190, by William de Bottreaux who granted the church of St Merteriana to St Serge, Angers. It was dissolved before 1407. The parish of Minster was known as Talkarn in 1205. St Merthiana's, the parish church of Forrabury and Minster, is of 13th century origin, and Lewis mentions some slight remains of the priory being near it.
View photographs and documents associated with Minster Church of Merteriana from the selection on the right.