Up Nately and Andwell Probate Material 1601-1620
Five wills and six inventories survive for this period, all of them for testators from Up Nately.
These transcriptions have been made from copies of original probate documents supplied by HRO and TNA. Words have been modernized and punctuation added to make reading easier but names have been transcribed as written. Words in italics indicate omissions in the original document which have been added to make sense of the text. Words in square brackets indicate that they have been transcribed as seen but where the meaning is unclear. Basingstoke is described as being in the county of Southampton, the old name for Hampshire.
A glossary is attached of unusual words.
Links to the wills and inventories are below:
- Alice Green/Grenne, widow, 1602 (Will and inventory)
- John Newell, 1602 (Will and inventory)
- John Newell, husbandman, 1602 (Will)
- Elnor Russell, 1602 (Inventory)
- Thomas Yonge, husbandman, 1610 (Will)
- Annes Newell, widow of John, 1611 (Will and inventory)
- Bartholomew Eyres, husbandman, 1615 (Inventory)
- Thomas Wilmot, Husbandman, 1617 (Inventory)