Nately Scures Probate Material 1581-1600
Four wills and six inventories survive for this period.
Words have been modernized and punctuation added to make reading easier but names have been transcribed as written. Words in italics indicate omissions in the original document which have been added to make sense of the text. Words in square brackets indicate that they have been transcribed as seen but where the meaning is unclear.
Links to the transcriptions are below.
A glossary is attached of unusual words.
- Thomas Hall, senior, yeoman, 1587 (Will and Inventory)
- Henry Wattereges/Watteridge, 1589 (Inventory)
- Richard Athooke alias Hooker, 1592 (Will and Inventory)
- William Hall, senior, husbandman, 1592 (Inventory)
- Agnes Hall, widow, 1595 (Will and Inventory)
- William Gary/Garie, 1595 (Inventory)
- John Eves, husbandman, 1597 (Will)