Nately Scures Probate Material 1621-40
Seven wills and ten inventories survive for this period, reflecting the local farming community and the production of hops.
Words have been modernized and punctuation added to make reading easier but names have been transcribed as written. Words in italics indicate omissions in the original document which have been added to make sense of the text. Words in square brackets indicate that they have been transcribed as seen but where the meaning is unclear.
Links to the transcriptions are below.
A glossary is attached of unusual words.
- Nicholas Wilmott, wheelwright (Will and Inventory), 1623
- John Garye, yeoman (Will and Inventory), 1624
- Thomas Mannell, husbandman (Will and Inventory). 1629
- Margery/Mardgery Cosens alias Byde , widow (Inventory), 1629
- Robert Nash/Nashe, yeoman (Will and Inventory), 1630
- Agnes Nash/Nashe, widow (Will and Inventory), 1634
- William Draper, carpenter (Inventory), 1635
- William Cocke, yeoman (Inventory), 1637
- Richard Felsteed/Felstead, husbandman (Will and Inventory), 1638
- John Welles, husbandman (Will and Inventory), 1639
- Robert Melton, gentleman (Will and Inventory), 1640