Nately Scures Probate Material 1681-1700
Five wills and seven inventories survive for this period including four husbandmen and one yeoman. SOme of the testators lived in Holt and Andwell, the detached parts of the parish.
Words have been modernized and punctuation added to make reading easier but names have been transcribed as written. Words in italics indicate omissions in the original document which have been added to make sense of the text. Words in square brackets indicate that they have been transcribed as seen but where the meaning is unclear.
Links to the transcriptions are below.
A glossary is attached of unusual words.
- Edward Bayly, 1683 (Will & Inventory)
- Edward Shrimpton, 1683 (Inventory)
- Philip Gillam, 1684 (Inventory)
- Grace Nutby, widow, 1684 (Will & Inventory)
- Anne South, 1686 (Inventory)
- Richard King, husbandman, 1691 (Will)
- William Wigg, husbandman, 1691 (Inventory)
- John King, husbandman, 1694 (Will)
- James Baldchild/Balchild, yeoman, 1695 (Will & Inventory)