Nonconformity in Bolsover
© image courtesy of Derbyshire Local Studies Libraries and www.picturethepast.org.uk
A Dissenting congregation appears to have begun to worship in Bolsover c.1700 and in 1722 a meeting-house was built in the town. During the late 19th-century expansion of population several new chapels were built by various branches of Methodism as well as the Congregationalists. Most have closed since the mid 20th century, apart from one Methodist church and a United Reform Church chapel.