First cathedral was built between 1075 & 1092 by the Bishop Osmond a larger building was on the site circa 1120.
The cathedral was moved by Bishop Richard Poore and the moved was completed in 1266. In 1218 the decision to move the cathedral was formally approved by Rome. In 1219 a wooden chapel and cemetery was constructed at the new site. In 1225 three eastern chapels were consecrated and in the 14th century a tower & spire was added.
The Cathedral still stands today and dominates the city's skyline.