Somerton parish church
The church of St Michael and All Angels, Somerton was probably built in the 13th century but enlarged in the 14th including the South aisle and its windows. The clerestorey was added in the 15th century when the west window was inserted. The church was heavily restored in 1889. Unusually it has a south transeptal tower.
The history of the church will be found in volume three of the Victoria County History of Somerset