St Andrew's Church, Tywardreath
Tywardreath was once home to a wealthy priory, founded by Richard Fitz-Turold shortly after the Norman conquest. However there are no remains of the priory here today. The church of St Andrew has a medieval tower, but most of the church was rebuilt in the 19th century. The tower dates from the mid 14th century, but the rest of the church dates from 1880-87. It was rebuilt according to the 14th and 15th century plans, and using its original building materials and keeping it medieval style features e.g traceried windows, wagon roofs.