St Michael's church, Brixton Deverill
The church at Brixton Deverill occupies a site next to the manor house, at the heart of the medieval village. Originally built in the 13th century, the present building comprises of a chancel, a nave, and a west tower, and has been much restored and altered over the centuries. Of the original church, the lower part of the tower and an arch inside the church are 13th century; the belfry stage was added to the tower in the 15th century. The nave and chancel were rebuilt c. 1760, and again in 1862, when the chancel was lengthened to two bays and a vestry attached to its north-east side. The rector William Barnes added a spire to the tower in 1852, but this had to be removed in 1899 on account of its dangerous condition. Further restoration work was been carried out throughout the 20th century.