St Samson's Church, South Hill
Most of this church – its nave, chancel, north transept, lower two stages of its towers- dates from the 1330s. It was consecrated in 1333. However the upper storey of the tower and the south porch dates from the 15th century. Underneath the parapet of the tower is a frieze of the 12 apostles. The church was restored in 1871.