From 1150, this church belonged to Tywardreath Priory, one of the pre-eminent religious houses in Cornwall. There are still some Norman remains such as the south side of the nave. The chancel and transepts are later and the north aisle is 15th century. It has only two decorated bench ends.
The area around Zenner has a cluster of megalithic chambers, prehistoric barrows and a stone circle.
Content generated during research for the paperback book 'Cornwall and the Cross: Christianity 500-1560' (ISBN 978-1-86077-468-3) for the England's Past for Everyone series