The parish church is located in OS Grid Square SX3384 and was dedicated to St Thomas the Apostle. It is an ancient building in the perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave of five bays, south aisle, south porch, vestry and organ chamber on the north side and an embattled western tower containing 3 bells. The font is unusually large and of fine proportions constructed of polyphant stone.
The churchyard was consecrated Bishop Granddisson on 6th November 1333. The church was completely restored in 1871.
Content generated during research for the paperback book 'Cornwall and the Cross: Christianity 500-1560' (ISBN 978-1-86077-468-3) for the England's Past for Everyone series